The famous Euler’s identity is widely considered the most beautiful formula in all of maths.
For me It is because it binds all of the fundamental mathematical constants in a single, short and sweet equality.
- The number e, which is the base of the natural logarithm,
- The number pi, which represents the ratio between the, circumference and the diameter of a circle
- The constant i, or the famous imaginary unit, defined as the square root of -1,
- The constant 0, which is the neutral element for the operation of addition,
- The constant 1, which is the neutral element for the operation of multiplication.
Thank you, sir Euler! 🙂